It’s 101% official: we are taking the cloud networking business by the storm. The latest report by the market research firm 650 Group confirms that Extreme is a true cloud networking leader!
The cloud managed services is the fastest-growing segment in networking, no doubt about that. According to the 650 Group's latest Cloud-Managed Network Services Report, we are looking at a 38% year-to-year revenue growth in Cloud-Managed WLAN (as against 25% in WLAN overall). Such an acceleration versus the previous five quarters! But as the report highlights, cloud growth is not slowing down. And that is, in part, thanks to Extreme.
According to the 650 Group’s study, Extreme Networks is one of the fastest growing cloud-managed network service providers and currently is the second-ranking brand in the industry. Nothing highlights explosive share gains in the fastest growing segment of networking market better than some numbers – time to invoke the bragging rights!
- 101% year-to-year growth.
- 11% in worldwide revenue share – larger than HPE and Juniper/Mist combined
- Outpacing Cisco/Meraki growth close to 10x
“Over the past year we have seen rapid growth in the cloud-managed network services market as an expanding number of enterprises adopt cloud services. Cloud and wireless technology are critical for today's working world and are a necessity for enterprises looking to succeed in the flexible, distributed environment that exists today”, says Chris DePuy, Founder and Technology Analyst at 650 Group. “This is a rapidly growing market where Extreme is punching above its weight, and we anticipate the market will continue to expand as leading vendors like Extreme further their cloud offerings”, he adds.
The 650 Group’s study concurs with the Omdia's 2020 Cloud Managed Networking Report, which recognized Extreme Networks as the fastest-growing vendor in the business, with the largest increase in market share overall and increasing number of devices under management.
Cloud on your terms
You might be wondering, ‘how did they do that?’. The answer’s rather simple: flexibility. We like to call it ‘Cloud on your terms’. Obviously, there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to adopting cloud. What is right for a Fortune 500 company will be different than that for a small business. What works for a retailer won’t necessarily work at a school.
From healthcare to education to MLB ballparks to hotels, enterprises are increasingly turning to Extreme cloud solution because of its flexibility. Our ExtremeCloud IQ platform and universal wired and wireless portfolio give customers complete deployment choice, cloud vendor choice, data duration choice and SaaS tiering choice.
Read the stories of our customers who migrated to Cloud!
Regardless of where a business is starting from, their location, requirements or timing, we provide the best path to cloud, delivering industry-first innovation and choice:
- Multi-Cloud: ExtremeCloud IQ is the first and only 4th generation cloud platform on the market available on all major cloud providers (GCP, Azure, AWS) – a top conversation driver for many enterprises.
- Multi-Deployment: ExtremeCloud IQ is the only cloud solution that can be managed in a public cloud, private cloud, or on-premises.
- Multi–Duration: first cloud networking company to offer unlimited data and 90-day data retention, providing customers with a long-term view of network trends for corrective action.
- Multi–vendor device management: ExtremeCloud IQ – Site Engine extends our cloud management capabilities to third party devices and non-cloud native devices.
- ISO-certified Security: first cloud networking solution with ISO 27001 Security Certification and additional certifications (ISO 27017, 27701, and CSTAR Level 1, GDPR, and CCPA accredited cloud services).
- Universal Platforms: first networking company to offer cloud-managed, universal platforms for enterprise class switching and wireless infrastructure.
- Explainable AI: first vendor with explainable AI-driven capabilities fed by a massive data pool powered by 2M+ network devices and 6 petabytes of data every day.
- Reliability: Fully audited continuous operation of ExtremeCloud IQ for the past 24+ months.
- Global Footprint: continually expanding cloud footprint, currently comprising 4 global data centers and 21 regional data centers in 13 countries.
- Subscription Value: Only vendor to offer cloud management subscription inclusive of 4 ‘essential’ enterprise applications.
The future is in the cloud
650 Group expects cloud-managed services to continue to see strong growth over the next five years, driven by the introduction of innovations such as artificial intelligence (AI), analytics, and locationing.
The report also shows that Wi-Fi 6 market revenues have doubled year-over-year and forecasts that the highest growth access point (AP) types in 2022 will be Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E systems. Wi-Fi 6 ensures networks can support the bandwidth demands of the rapidly increasing number of internal and external IoT devices that flood every organization today.