As the enterprise networks are becoming more and more complex, so does the job of IT staff whose role starts to resemble the one of an airliner pilot. Managing hundreds of different knobs, switches, and other controls became easier and more efficient with the introduction of co-pilot function. Network admins can finally realize those same benefits with ExtremeCloud™ IQ CoPilot!
We have all been there. Tons of notifications about the state of the network. Wasting precious time by responding to out-of-context alerts and non-relevant messages. Managing frustrated users, rather than proactively addressing the most common challenges impeding great user experiences…
At times, people from the IT department really have a lot on their plates. CoPilot has been designed to the heavy lifting for them.
In short, ExtremeCloud™ IQ CoPilot is a trusted digital advisor for your Extreme cloud-managed Wi-Fi networks. The solution delivers explainable artificial intelligence (AI) insights to make the life of IT network administrators much, much easier. Let’s take a look at some of the CoPilot’s benefits!
- Reduced false alarms. CoPilot simplifies troubleshooting by providing recommendations which are auditable and reduce the number of out-of-context alerts that waste your time and effort. The solution is relentlessly calibrated against an array of negative test cases and is 99% false alarm free. This approach leads to a significant reduction in false alarms.
- Explainable ML/AI. CoPilot provides explainable insights which enable you to see, verify, and trust the data behind every recommendation. CoPilot alerts you, explains why it identified the anomaly, and provides the best options for resolution.
- Proactive risk reduction. Instead of reacting to SLA violations, CoPilot looks for patterns ahead of time to identify the anomalies that matter and address them early. This reduces the risk of minor issues becoming major outages.
- Enhanced experiences. CoPilot frees up time for IT staff to focus on value-add business initiatives and delivering superior user experiences. It targets ML/AI at the most complex problems; those that consume the most time and effort.
- Continual learning. CoPilot is constantly learning new skills to becomes more valuable. It provides bidirectional communication so you can be confident that you are getting the best and most accurate recommendations for your network.
- Support integration. For times when you need to engage with support, CoPilot makes it easy. It provides the necessary data to Extreme GTAC to address issues quickly and efficiently. The result is faster time to resolution and increased user delight.
ExtremeCloud™ IQ CoPilot
At the moment, CoPilot monitors network issues in six different categories:
- Wi-Fi Efficiency
- Wi-Fi Capacity
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Stability
- High Multicast-Broadcast
- Uplink Efficiency
- Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) Recurrence
New categories will be added in the future.
As the name suggests, CoPilot is part of the ExtremeCloud™ IQ platform – it’s an additional subscription that you can take out within that environment. During the public beta, customers will be able to provide feedback, improving CoPilot's ability to recognize legitimate issues and bolstering its ML/AI actions with human intelligence. New features will be generally available following the public beta, which will conclude in late 2021.