We’re kicking 2020 off with a bang, as the upcoming Super Bowl, the 50th modern-era National Football League (NFL) championship game, will decide the champion for the National Football League's 100th season. When the stakes are high and emotions soar through the sky, Extreme Networks keeps teams and fans connected at all times with purpose-built networking solutions. Being the official Wi-Fi Solutions Provider to the NFL means that Extreme has The (Big) Game!
We are at an inflection point, as Wi-Fi has never been more powerful than it is today. With the official rollout of Wi-Fi 6, you see professional sports teams and universities on the cutting edge of this new technology as they are hungry to bring more personalized, immersive, forward-looking experiences to their fans.
John Brams, Director, Hospitality, Sports and Entertainment, Extreme Networks
- 69% of fans in attendance connected to Wi-Fi at some point during the game
- 30,605 fans simultaneously connected to Wi-Fi at the network’s peak usage point
- 10.8 TB of iCloud data alone was transferred across the Wi-Fi network
- 24.05 TB of data total was transferred across the Wi-Fi network during the game
The winning team
- With ExtremeMobility™ access points, teams have the scale and capacity to provide seamless Wi-Fi connectivity to fans on game day. Fans can share their experiences on social media, instantly access real-time statistics and commentary, and stream instant replay videos on their mobile devices without latency.
- With ExtremeAnalytics™ technology, NFL IT teams gain granular visibility into network and application performance, locations, and devices, and can capture information related to which apps are running on the Wi-Fi network, who is using them and what the response time is for each app. With these insights, teams can deliver personalized offers and application features to engaged fans.
- With a high-speed, high-capacity network, NFL teams are also laying the groundwork to offer next-generation fan experiences driven by AR and VR.
Wi-Fi 6: The Game Changer
Wi-Fi 6 is making a lot of headlines, but it’s about more than just speed. For us, adopting Wi-Fi 6 is a business imperative, because if our network can’t provide a highly reliable, seamless experience throughout the game, our fans will stay home. Our strong 5-year partnership with Extreme Networks made the decision a no-brainer to enlist their help for a full network upgrade to Wi-Fi 6 technology.
Bob Flynn, Vice President of Facilities and Game Day Operations, Tennessee Titans