With the introduction of Wi-Fi technology a little more than 20 years ago, our lives have changed considerably. Today, users have the newest standard, Wi-Fi 6, which is a huge step forward in many areas. Discover all its benefits in our free e-book!
Wi-Fi has become an essential part of our daily worldwide communications culture, no doubt about that. While all its previous generations tell a story of a relentless pursuit after increased data rates and speed, Wi-Fi 6 technology (also known as 802.11ax) is also focusing on efficiency and performance.
To put it shortly: Wi-Fi 6 is all about better capacity and reduced network congestion.
You may also want to read:
No more road hogs! How does 802.11ax actually work?
Imagine you are driving on a motorway where no overtaking is allowed. You can develop a decent speed, but in the end you meet a lorry driver in your lane who is more interested in the last season of the Game of Thrones than your horn. This is probably how the WiFi networ...
‘Wi-Fi 6 For Dummies’, Extreme Networks Edition, is your introduction to the world of 802.11ax and its many features, benefits and conditions of deployment. Download this free guide to understand current Wi-Fi challenges, get ahead of the ongoing technology shift and future-proof your network!
- A historical look at past generations of Wi-Fi and efficiency limitations
- A deep-dive about OFDMA which is the secret sauce of Wi-Fi 6 that promises authentic multi-user communication
- An overview of other crucial Wi-Fi 6 technologies including BSS Color, TWT, 1024-QAM, and MU-MIMO
- Real-world questions about Wi-Fi 6 and deployment considerations for your existing network
- An overview of the industry’s first family of Wi-Fi 6 access points – from Extreme Networks